VW Transporter Campervan Conversion Sussex
Design Your Dream Campervan
RECENT CAMPERVAN CONVERSIONS
We meet the highest safety standards, not because we have to, but because we choose to.
Your colours, your choices, your design
We live for the world of adventure, exploring and the great outdoors! We specialise in building high quality, innovative Volkswagen camper vans. If you are looking for bespoke kitchen and upholstery choices, then look no further. This is our speciality.
We pride ourselves with our well built, modern and easy to use campervan conversions.
CAMPERVAN CONVERSION - HOW IT WORKS
1. Choose Your Van
If you've got a van already - skip this step!
Time to choose your vehicle! We convert VW transporters – T5, T6 and T6.1
We can work with you to find your ideal base vehicle.
You could be looking for a brand new van or a used van – either way – your conversion will alway be brand new.
We can help you find a van – we do this for many of our clients. We advise on what to look out for and help you to understand what is the right van for you. We’ll even do some searching and send you a few suggestions. We don’t charge for this service.
2. Design Your Camper
Choose your layout, colour schemes, appliances and accessories. The options are endless!
For example, you could choose from a 2 or 3 seat Rock n Roll bed, wide or narrow cupboards, and a range of different cupboard doors and fittings.
In terms of colours – we offer hundreds of options for styling the interior of your van – the carpet lining, flooring, curtains, Pop-Top canvas and custom seat upholstery to name but a few.
You can also choose accessories such as heating, sound systems, mood lighting, bike racks and so on – create your dream camper!
3. The Build
Our build process takes approximately 4 weeks. After preparing the vehicle, our first step is to install your Pop Top. We follow a rigorous process which was taught to us by the manufacturers of the Pop-Top itself – Skyline Roofs.
Next up is to install your wiring loom – powering your lights, heating and appliances.
After this we insulate, carpet line and install the flooring.
The last step of the build process is to fit the kitchen and storage cupboards as well as appliances.
The very last step – a nice warm bubble bath for your van! We give your camper the treatment it deserves – a professional valet inside and out before our final checks are done and the vehicle is ready for you to collect.
Out and About Campers
Where We Are
Out and About Campers is based in Henfield, West Sussex just 20 minutes from Brighton, 15 minutes from the south coast and at the foot of the south downs.
30 minutes from horsham
45 minutes from London
Unit 3/16/17, Henfield Business Park, Henfield, BN5 9SL
01273 257860 email@example.com
Out & About Campers
What our customers say
What We Offer
From £16400.00 (SWB 2 Seat)
Standard Conversion features
Full Lengh Kitchen / Wardrobe
- Mix of Tambour doors (roller shutters) cupboards and shelves
- Eco friendly, Bamboo work surface
- Cupboards above kitchen with dimmable LED strip light.
- Hob and sink combo unit
- 50L 12v Compressor fridge
- Gas bottle safety box.
- 15l in cupboard water tanks
Full 12 / 240v Electric Kit
- Tested wiring loom.
- 240v power inlet, circuit breaker’s, 3 pin sockets.
- 110ah 12v leisure battery. USB outlets
- Battery to battery charger
- 4 Dimmable LED spotlights, Dimmable LED strip light
M1 Tested Rock and Roll Bed and double seat Swivel
- Vulcan 130cm Rock and Roll Bed
- Adjustable reclining seated position
- All beds have been M1 tested and come with VOSC Certificate
- Custom upholstery as standard
- MS craft Front double seat swivel on sliders. No faff! Easiest to use.
Elevating Roof. (PopTop)
- Skyline poptop elevating roof.
- Colour coded to your van.
- Closing panel.
- Heavy duty, Waterproof, vinyl Canvas
- Lifting bed system on gas struts.
- Memory foam mattress.
- 3 layers of insulation.
- Foil backed closed cell foam
- Non absorbent recycled bottle fluff
- Layer of 3mm dense carpet on the walls
- Foil backed closed cell foam
- 12mm ply floor and a layer
- Altro heavy duty flooring.
- 1 sliding window behind the driver.
- Fixed windows behind the passenger andRear quarters
- Blackout window behind the wardrobe
- Fixed tailgate or barn door windows
- Full set of grey or black curtains
- Blackout cab blinds
Pop top roofs
No campervan conversion is complete without a poptop roof. An elevating roof provides extra space for basic functions like getting dressed or making dinner, they also allow 2 extra people to sleep within the campervan. Taking only seconds to set up and put away they make family camping easy. Out and about campers has a specialist team of poptop fitters who are able to fit your roof to a high standard in 2 days. We supply and fit a range of poptop roofs including : Altitude roofs, Streamline Poptops, Austops and our personal favourite being the skyline range. All our roofs come with long warranty’s for peace of mind.
We have a range of optional extras for every roof including:
- Single and bi-fold beds on gas struts for easy lifting
- Solar panels
- Carpeting and finishing of the van
- Zip out “Panoramic” tent canvases.
- Painting to match the vehicle
- Mattreses that can be left in the roof
- LED Light fitting into the strengthening Frame or bed base.
Built in house on our CNC router, our kitchens give a modern feel to your campers interior. With different designs to choose from you can get the look and feel you want from your van. We offer a range of over 1000 custom colours to choose from to really make your van bespoke. We use only the highest quality materials from the lightweight laminate ply to the high quality Hafelle fixings, soft close drawer runners and Italian knock on edging. we also offer edge banded kitchens for a more premium feel.
Each unit is cut on our CNC machine before being hand assembled by our in house specialist.
We have a range of optional extras including:
- Over bed lockers
- Real wood tambour doors
- A range of worktop surfaces
- Rear Speakers
Beds and Seating
We offer a range of different bed and seat solutions. You can choose from the top of the range TUV approved Scopema Rib beds and the highly regarded “Vulcan” M1 tested Rock and Roll beds. We can fit these to sliding rails allowing the bed to be move forward and back maximising storage and bringing the passengers closer to the front.
There are 3 main sizes of rock and roll bed. 112cm 2 seater, 130cm 3 seater and 150cm “full width” 3 seater. Our in house upholsterer is ready to make your bed a truly custom design with options like:
- 2 or 3 seater
- Sliding floor rails
- Genuine Leather
- Hard wearing automotive vinyl
- Heavy duty upholstery fabric
- A range of quilted patterns
- Classic and modern design techniques
We have a range of accessories and enhancements that can be added to complete your perfect camper van.
- Night heaters
- “Van Shades” Honeycomb window blinds
- Under van water tanks
- Drive away awnings/Roll out awnings
- Bike racks
- Lowering kits
- Styling packages
- Wheel and tire packages
- LED headlights and taillights
- Roof Bars
- Solar Power
- Speakers and sound system upgrades
- Custom Upholstery
- Security systems
The classic Camper has maximum storage space whilst allowing 4/5 travel seats and 4 births. The large Cupboard spaces are enough to store all your holiday essentials. Available in LWB or SWB
The classic camper includes:
The Slimline Camper has a reduced storage space whilst allowing the maximum of 6 travel seats and 4/5 births. The Wider rock and roll bed also allows the possibility to sleep 1 extra person. Available in LWB or SWB